Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Work Nowadays

My new job...I could describe it all I want, but to sum it up it consists of a lot of this...

COMPUTER TIME...lots of time checking reports, organizing files, emailing people across the world to find answers on this process, creating documents, searching for things, and lots more.

I know what I am doing is important for the school...but today I am having a hard time. I miss being in a classroom, filled with students eager to learn and filling it with their energy. I miss planning fun and creative lessons for my students. I never thought I would say this, but I miss grading. Yes grading...those awful piles that I used to give the evil eye I am now welcoming. I think I am going crazy because I offered the Elementary Principal my help to review report card comments. I told her I would LOVE to. No sane person does that, but I did.

Yesterday I sat working at my computer for so long my eyes crossed...I kept thinking how do people at an office job do it? I have a lot more respect for you now that I have fell victim to my butt falling asleep, backaches, crossing eyes, headaches, and carpal tunnel.

Don't get me wrong, I like things about my job and I feel honored to be in this position. I just needed to vent. I just miss teaching. Keeping adults and teachers happy is way harder than keeping students happy...I'm just saying...

Now onto my next meeting...


And yes, I did just blog from work. I needed a release before I went crazy...I'll be kicking myself in .2 seconds for wasting time, but I released...ahh.

No comments: