Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Being in China I always get to celebrate things twice...once in real time (future time in the States) and then again when it is the day for everyone in the States. I'm thankful for so much in my life I can't narrow it down. God has blessed me with so much I don't deserve. One, and most importantly, with Jesus' grace and forgiveness. I am so thankful for my family. They are my rock and foundation. We are a crazy bunch, but so much fun. I got to talk to them via skype tonight (their Thanksgiving morning). It was fun to see all of them and my cutie nieces and nephews.

Adam and sweet Sarah

Mom and dad

Beckham and Mom

Laura and Ainsley

Matthew and Katie

Seriously...what did people do before technology?!?! I can't imagine. I have so much more respect for people that lived abroad prior to skype, facebook, email, etc. I don't know if I would make it.

I also got to celebrate Thanksgiving with the people I work with. It's funny, I never would have done that in the States, but here they have become my family. I am so thankful to have a job especially in this economy. And an awesome one at that! I am thankful for my position this year and letting me get to know Sidney much better. She is my saving grace here. She is so great and encouraging. She is an amazing woman with a great outlook on life. She makes my days brighter and more fun.

Sidney and me

The guys and me

On another note, I have fallen off the biggest loser wagon. Ever since my birthday and stuffing my face it has been hard to get back on track. Tonight the owner of our school hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for the whole staff. It was good food and good people.

We are onto two more Thanksgiving dinners over the weekend....I might be 700 pounds before December!

No comments: