Monday, November 1, 2010

October...here and gone

Wow, October flew by. With my new position I am in charge of brining in trainers for professional development. This month we had two, one at the beginning and one at the end. The first trainer's arrival brought some stress as she didn't take her paperwork to the consulate in the States and therefore had no visa to get into China. It was a mad rush to get her here, and because of our amazing help here we did. The second trainer is a traveling vet, she made my job easy. Both trainers were great and reaffirmed my belief in a new way of teaching and eduction. One taught our staff about differentiation and the other about standards-based reporting. Okay okay I know I'm a dork, so I'll stop talking about what consumed my October and leave a recap.

My October...

-Went to a coworker's wedding...


-Visited Dandong, a border town of North Korea...


-My book club met and discussed...


-My J.O.B...(coordinating trainers and creating newsletters)



-Visited an orphanage in Dalian.

-Dressed up as a cowgirl at school for Halloween...


-and again as the Blues Brothers for a party...



-and then again as a cowgirl for yet another party....


-Made this framed photo collage of pictures from italy and cleaned my apartment (decided to give the maids a break!) ...



I'm ready for November...my birthday month!! Also, Thanksgiving is one of my favorites, sad I will miss being with my whole family at my parents' house, but hopefully we can skype or something. I will try to be better about posting, this month was just really busy!

No comments: