Monday, November 26, 2012

Quasi Honeymoon to Salvador

Being that we were only back in the States for less than a month and in that time we got married we decided to delay our honeymoon to spend time with our family.  Well we finally got around to one! 

We decided to go up north to Salvador to explore our new country. Let me tell you it did not disappoint.  We stayed at the best boutique hotel ever in the middle of historic Salvador. It was quite an experience filled with food, music, and hotness.

For your sake I decided to divvy the post up into two, one about the city of Salvador and the other about the beaches we escaped to.  While I wasn't thinking I would like a "city" vacation we had a lot of fun exploring and taking in the sights.  So here it goes...

We arrived and were immediately greeted with a complimentary bottle of champange in our room.  The view was great and we crashed and took a three hour nap.  Starting it off right in my book.

Someone is happy, the balcony, and our room
 We decided to explore and walked the colorful streets of Salvador.  Each building was painted a bright colorful and we rarely saw two of the same shade.  The doors were all colorful too.  I loved the old ladies and men sitting or standing by their window and watching people go by.
 One day we went to Bom Fin church. The colorful ties are good luck and are tied everywhere in Bahia. I bought some and have a craft idea in mind.  I am my mother's daughter.
 The square was popping...there was always live music and other entertainers.  I almost bought an outfit like the one Jess's new friend is wearing.  Funny, I fit in better in Brazil than I ever did in China.
We also went to some famous fort there, I don't know if you ask me it was just hot and I needed a ice cold refreshment. 
 Good thing we found one...and got to watch a local soccer game while we enjoyed it. 

After the great recommendation of our hotel we headed to a local restaurant for some bobó de camarão. It was delicious, a mixture of spice and sweet, it reminded me a lot of Thai food.  Bahian food is very spicy, I didn't believe our server when he told me it was too hot for me and to be careful.  I ended up sucking on an ice cube and sugar to get rid of the fire in my mouth.  Lesson learned.
 As anywhere we saw some pretty funny artwork/statues and decided to play tourist and pose with them.  Classy I tell you, classy.
 Our nights were spent enjoying the sunset with caparhinas in hand.  Ahhhh...heavenly.  Not to mention we were together. Spending time with my best friend and hubby is the most precious thing in the world and I am so blessed to have him!

2 comments:

Katie said...

love the pics! Looks like it was an amazing trip! Can't wait to come visit!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

David and Amy said...

Great blog sis!