Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Wednesday Surprise and Some Crafts

The wonderful hubby surprised me at school with a dozen of beautiful roses for no reason.  
I love that man. 

I split the roses up and put them around our house.  I love them in my pottery from Monte Sião.

One of my goals for November was to make DIY bottles. Little did I know what a task it would be to buy paint here.  I finally found some spray paint and went to buy it.  In order to purchase it I needed to give them my CPF number (kind of like your SSN in the States).  It's not on a card or anything and I haven't memorized it yet so we were at a stand still.  The people working were so nice.  I don't know how they ended up doing it, but somehow I was allowed to buy spray paint.  Geesh!  

 
I've been collecting different bottles and want to paint/decorate them in a variety of ways to arrange throughout the house.  So I painted a couple of them half white and arranged six on our "entertainment center" (that's being very generous in the name department, it's so puny).  I used some of the baby's breath from the flower arrangement and put it in the bottles.  I like how it turned out and am even more inspired to finish some more bottles.  What do you think?  

 

No comments: