Monday, August 30, 2010

Dining Out...

Last Sunday one of my favorite families here asked if I wanted to go out to eat with them. I of course said yes, they remind me of my family growing up and I have so much fun with them. Their daughter and me at her age are so alike it's not even funny (only she is not bratty, like I was!!). She is totally into basketball and soccer. They are so sweet and always make me feel like I'm part of their family. It is these relationships that I value. It's amazing being in China and forming these tight connections. I hope to keep in touch with them and many others after our time in China is finished.

Anyways, so in this restaurant you get to go pick out your food. Sounds normal right? Well, only in China do you pick out your food raw. It was a major task because of course the language barrier and things look different before they are cooked. We ended up getting some yummy food, fortunately we didn't get the following...





Nicole and Trejan letting me know how they feel about the food :)

No comments: