Sunday, August 8, 2010

End of the Year

I have been terrible with my blog the last part of the year and summer. Here's a quick recap of the last month of school. Right before school ended the Head of School called me into his office. He asked me if I would want to be the schools Accreditation/Professional Development Coordinator. It was an amazing opportunity for me professionally, but I knew I would miss being in the classroom. I asked him to let me sleep on it and pray about what to do. The next morning I came and told him that I would love to take the job. I will be very busy and stressed this year, but I know I made the right decision. I am not working in administration, something I never envisioned for myself, but that I am liking so far.


Brandon, Veronica, Kara, and me at the end of the year staff party

With the end of the year comes class parties, culminating activities, and goodbyes. It was hard to say goodbye to my students. I had so much fun teaching them and getting to know them. We had a 5th grade day that consisted of an awards assembly, kickball, a party with pizza and cherries, and yearbook signing. These kids restored my faith in the future of this world. Some of them will be leaving and I hope to keep in contact with them. I already have plans to visit one student in Malaysia. Who knows where else they will be. :)


A little bouquet of flowers I got from a girl...this is the way they do all flowers in China


The 5th grade on the last day of school

Two of our friends here got engaged in May. We had them over for dinner and dessert to celebrate. It was good times had by all in celebrating their love and future. I think one thing I learned over the past year is the importance of friends. Moving to a whole different country can be scary, but with the help of friends it becomes an adventure. God puts people in our lives for a reason and I know he is taking care of me by the friends he blessed me with in the past year.


A goofy Chinese picture of us

No comments: