Friday, August 13, 2010

Eastern Medicine

Eastern medicine believes in natural healing. Jess and I went and got our ears "waxed" and while we were there we saw someone getting cupped. Cupping is very popular here. I have seen countless people with the leftovers of a good cupping session. It was bizarre to watch as this woman lit a rag on fire, twirled it around in glass cups, and placed them on his body. It looked like it hurt, and when I asked in my broken mandarin if it did he said yes. Just look at how his skin is sucked up in those little cups. I had to be sly to get this picture...


Meanwhile I was laying comfortably on my bed watching with a waxpaper cone in my ear. I first got this treatment in Malaysia and loved how it felt during and after. Jess and I decided to treat ourselves to an ear waxing and head massage. Ah the simple joys of living in the land of eastern medicine. :)

No comments: