Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Food and Football



Our little guy loves him some food.  After our 6 month check up the doctor was very blunt and told me I need to start feeding him real food, breast milk wasn't cutting it anymore.  We had given him avocados and sweet potatoes, but now he was going to eat papinha (a mix of vegetables, greens, and meat).  Keila and I headed to the grocery store and bought fresh vegetables and meat for her to make the food.  She is amazing and helped me translate and find what we needed.  She is part of our family and so thankful to have her.

He started full swing the next day with fresh orange juice at 10:00, a couple spoonfuls of papinha de dia (carrots, eggplant, brocoli, and chicken) at 12:00 followed by a bottle at 1:00.  Then at 4:00 he had a piece of papaya, and then had two more scoops of papinha for dinner at 6:30. I nursed him right before bed at 8:00.  Wow, talk about jumping right in.



Every time he eats he is so happy and often cries when we are finished. What can I say, he comes by it honestly, both his parents love them some food too!  We are teaching him baby signing, and he seems to have confused the sign for more. Instead of tapping his hands together he bangs on the table for more.



He is so expressive without even saying a word, it just kills me.  Dinner (and lunchtime on the weekends) are my new favorite times. He is so happy and I love watching him try new things, and by the looks of it he will continue to love food.  We'll need to watch out when he'a older or he will eat us out of house and home!

What do you mean you're leaving for work? 
Before heading to work today I had to snap some pictures of him in his little football onsie. We sure do miss catching all the college and NFL games back in the States, but that doesn't stop us from dressing him in American football outfits.  

I'll hold down the fort mom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could just die from cuteness overload with all those faces! Please send him to CO asap! :) thanks