Saturday, September 19, 2015

Tae is 1/2 a Year

6 Months 
September 19, 2015 



Height: 23.5 inches  
Weight: 17 pounds 



Likes: 
  • Anything that is risky...fake dropping, tossing him the air, jumping out at people.  I think we have a dare devil on or hands. 
  • He loves the sand...playing in it, eating it, you name it. 
  • His toys, especially his stand and play activity center, balls, the jumper, Sofie, and his stacking cups 
  • Looking at himself in cell phones or on the computer during Skype and Google Hangout 
  • Being tickled...his tummy and neck 
  • Putting any and everything in his mouth 
  • Water bottles and cups. He takes them and tries to drink out of them. 
  • Eating his feet.
  • Facetime with family 


Dislikes:
  • For the past couple of weeks he hasn't been too keen on his car seat.  He will arch his back to get out and cry when we are driving. 
  • Sunlight in his eyes
  • Going to bed, he sort of fights it for a little and then succumbs 


Milestones:
  • Jess and I had a date night with a babysitter (Keila) and all.  
  • First vomiting experience.  It was so sad and pathetic.  I felt horrible when he looked at me like, what's going on mom.  Seriously the worst feeling in the world not being able to help your child. 
  • Tried real food!  He has had avocado, sweet potato, and carrots. 
  • Puts his paci in his mouth.
  • Sits up on his own. (I still sit behind him because it makes me nervous)
  • Now sits in the stroller without the car seat (facing forward)
  • Slept without his Magic suit 
  • First time at the beach
  • Knows the sign for milk (and gets very upset if he isn't given it right after you sign it) 


Sleep
  • Jess created a nighttime routine.  Jess and Tae take 3 laps around the apartment and then read books.  Jess gets him ready for bed and then I put him to bed. This normally involved rocking and holding him.  I know I probably shouldn't but he won't be this small forever and I secretly love it. 
  • He wakes up more often than he did in the previous months, I think because he is hungry.  Once he starts eating solids on a more consistent schedule I hope this stops. 
  • He is still taking 4 naps a day, all different lengths.  Either a long one in the morning or afternoon and the others are shorter.  When we get home from work he is normally ready for a little cat nap.  I have been having him nap in my arms because again he won't be small for much longer! 
  • He has started waking up earlier than before, around 6:15 am. We have a little playtime before I leave for work. 


Favorite Moments: 
  • Taking him to the beach for the first time.  He was so happy and loved the sand. We didn't actually get in the water because it was kind of chilly. Next time... 
  • Coming home from work.  He gets so happy to see us, his mouth opens wide and he squeals while jumping up and down.  Love it. 
  • Feeding him avocados for the first time.  His facial expressions were priceless. 
  • His laughs and giggles when we play. 
  • Jess loves the time him and Tae sit out on the patio together. 


Pics to Remember: 

Mommy's Thoughts: 


Each month gets better and better. Tae's little personality is becoming more and more apparent.  He is a chill and fun loving kid. He is more expressive with his voice, facial expressions, and body language. He makes me smile multiple times a day with his little laugh and smile. I don't know how I could love him more.  

We are still breastfeeding almost exclusively. It is our time together. I can't believe we made it this long, I remember wanting to quit the first month. I love our time nursing, it is our little escape from the busy day.  He always looks up at me and smiles and then gets right back to nursing. God is so amazing, he created us perfectly.  The fact that he has grown so much from just my milk is astounding to me. We are starting to introduce foods to him, and while I am happy about him growing up, part of me is sad he won't be fully dependent on my milk anymore.

Being his mom is such a privilege, and I can't wait to see the man he becomes.  Each night we pray that he will chase after God's heart and be a world changer for the Lord's kingdom. I pray that we can model a life of faith, love, and joy for him. 

No comments: