Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2 Month Update

Two Months 
May 19, 2015 

Height: 24 inches (86th percentile) 

Weight: 13 pounds 3 ounces (83rd percentile) 



Likes: 
  • Movement of any kind.  Seriously, this kid can sense when he's not moving or you try to fake him out.  If he's tired and you're moving in some way he is passed out in less than a minute. 
  • Eating. He is the loudest eater. I love how he squirms all over to get more. 
  • Being swaddled at night.  Although by morning he has had enough.  I normally undue the swaddle after he eats and let him sleep with his hands up. 
  • His activity mat, he swats at the little toys and loves to stare at himself in the mirror. 
  • Sleeping at night. He is a great sleeper (thank you Lord) and now only wakes up once to feed (I wake him up around wish to nurse). 
  • Fans.  He is enamored with them and watches them intently when he lays down.


Dislikes:
  • Stopping at stop signs or traffic lights. 
  • Waking up from naps (can you blame him?) 
  • His paci when he is crying.
  • When he can't figure out how to let go of the rings on his activity mat.
  • Tummy time 
  • Lifevest 
  • Being scared. I learned this the hard way when I took off the velcro strap of the Ergo.  He got scared and screamed for over an hour. I felt so badly and everything I tried to do to console him didn't work.  It was pitiful. Thankfully he got over it eventually. The same thing happened another time when Jess shut the door hard.


Milestones:
  • Smiles and coos non-stop. 
  • Lifting his head up and looking around, especially when I hold him upright. 
  • Tracking people and objects as they move across the room. 
  • Kicking and moving his arms. 
  • Grabs things, I love it when he holds my finger.
Sleep
  • Only naps in the Ergo, MamaRoo, carseat, or on mama. Definitely need to work on this. 
  • Bedtime is around 8:30-9:00.  After bouncing him or rocking him to sleep he sleeps until around 4-5 AM (with a dreamfeed when I go to bed). 
  • Wake up around 7:00 and get the day started.  


Favorite Moments: 
  • Waking him up in the morning.  He does this stretch with his hands over his head and an arched back that is too cute.  Also, he is always so happy in the morning and greets me with a big smile.  
  • Bathtime.  He has learned to love bath time. He just lays there totally relaxed as I wash him.  It may be the cutest thing ever. 
  • Nursing.  Funny I say this now, because when I first started I wanted to quit. I just love our time together and how he looks up at me. The other day he looked up at me and smiled and all the milk dripped out of his mouth. 
  • Naps on my chest. I love when he falls asleep after feeding or just on me for a nap. Feeling his little body move up and down is the best feeling in the world. 
  • Taking him swimming.  I kept thinking about how this is the first of many activities he will learn. I can't wait to watch him learn new things and start sports. 
Pics to Remember: 


Mommy's Thoughts: 
It's funny because even though each day is basically the same (feed, play, nap, repeat) each day gets better and better.  His little personality is evolving and it is so fun to watch.  He loves to smile and laugh, morning time is definitely his happy time. I love being his mommy, I still can't believe God has blessed us with him. This month has been hard because we are away from Jess, but it has been great to spend time with family and to be in the States. He makes me so happy and all the loss of sleep, worrying, and stress is totally worth it.

Becoming a mommy has really grown my spiritual walk as well. It was when I fully relied on God that things got "easier" and I got my sanity back. I am learning so much about myself and God.  He has particularly been teaching me that this life is but a vapor and to have an eternal focus.  This helps me realize that even meltdowns, cryfests, and the rough times will pass and to turn my mind to Jesus.  Also, God has helped me realize that he is sovereign. I cannot worry about Taz and every other detail about being a mom, because I am not in control. I just need to do the best I can to embrace it and have joy through it all.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay yay yay!! You are such a great mama! I love that little guy and can't wait to see you guys again!