Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Growing, Growing, Growing




It is amazing how fast our little guy is growing, not only physically (hello chunkers) but also intellectually. He is more alert and fun each day.  His favorite thing to do is play on his activity mat, he hits the hanging toys and kicks (accidentally) his little music block. As the days go on he is getting into his own little schedule and I am figuring out his different cries. For example, he will eat then play on his mat for awhile, and then I will hold him and hang out (read books or just talk). Then I rock him and he takes a little nap.  This repeats about 8 more times throughout the day. :) 


On Saturday we went into Greenville to go to Artisphere.  It was fun to walk around downtown and check out all the different artists, although little guy slept the whole time in his stroller.  I tell you, if he is moving that kid is knocked out!  After Artisphere we headed to Furman to check out my old stomping grounds.  Again, Tae slept in his stroller.  I wanted to get him a onesie, but they only had really ugly ones.  I settled for a overpriced pair of socks.


Tae is starting to smile more and more. He has also added cooing and "talking" to his reportoire. I never thought I could just watch a baby for hours upon end, but that is what I do.  I am so thankful to have such a long maternity leave and to be staying with mom and dad so I can just enjoy him and not worry about anything else. Mom has been amazing, she will take him when he fusses, helps me give him baths, plays with him, and generally just helps in anyway she can.  Dad enjoys watching from a distance, he does love watching him wake up with yawns.


Our days mostly revolve around his eating. We go for lots of walks and have spent more time on the activity mat. Of course there are some naps (short ones) scattered in there.  He naps on his MamaRoo, which is great.  We also spend lots of time bouncing on the exercise ball.


This little boy has stole my heart. I wonder who and what he will become as he grows up. Will he be more like Jess or like me?  What will his passion be?  Right now he seems like Jess, easygoing and relaxed. However, he can go from being happy and content to screaming his lungs out in about .5 seconds. Unfortunately, I think he gets strong emotions from me. He also does not like waking up from naps, which is just like his mama too.


No comments: