Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sunday Trip to the Market in São Paulo

Every market in Brazil is different, but one similarity between all of them is the intricate displays of fruit and vegetables.  The OCD part of me loves it, but the practical part thinks what a waste of time.  


Sunday we took a quick trip to São Paulo to get some lunch and check out the market.  The craziness and amount of people of this market pales in comparison to any Chinese  Asian market, but the organization and cleanliness trumps them by far.   


I don't know why I wasn't born in Brazil, I belong in a country that loves olives, fruit, bread, sausage, and cheese. I guess that's why I'm here.  


Check out them olives...


I love how efficient they are with space...hanging ketchup, mustard, and other condiments!  


Dried foods are big here...nuts, fruit, fish, etc...


The market is so chill, many families or couples were just enjoying a beer or sandwich in the middle of the aisles.  The stain glass windows are beautiful (although my mom could do them better!) and the architecture is breath-taking.  


No comments: