Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunday Funday: Vila Antiga

Yesterday we explored a little outside of Campinas by going to lunch at Vila Antiga  with a group of friends.  The place reminded me a lot of Colonial Williamsburg, with little exhibits on how "old time" Brazil was.  The entire farm "(and restaurant) were built using old material from Campinas.   
It was a stunning day, God was showing off with the beautiful sky and weather.  I can get used to this fall weather, at a comfortable 75 degrees.   It was such a charming place with gorgeous views.  We followed our tour with an incredible lunch cooked in the traditional Brazilian way--wood burning stoves.  
 We walked around and explored.  Let's just say I don't think I would have liked living in the old days, it was a lot of work!
 This place is known for making cachaça.  Jess and David tasted a glass of it and were feeling good. :)  Call my crazy, but I don't like straight alcohol, so I enjoyed a nice refreshing caipirinha.


No comments: