Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope you enjoy it. I'll have to admit I am not a big fan of this Hallmark holiday, but my day went great. It started off with skyping my family as I got ready for work. It was so fun to see mom, dad, Katie, Shayla, Julie, Beckham, and Ainsley. I can't believe how big they are getting (the kiddos not the adults!).

Goofy pics are so fun

Work was really good. I have the major report due this week, and today was a productive day. I feel like a geek saying it, but I was loving working with Excel and Word to create an over 200 page document. Wow, I need to get out more. During work the high school kids were delivering Valentine grams (ie candy and flowers). I got some from old players and then 8 from Jess. He came to my office and brought me a dozen roses. I need to take a picture because Chinese flowers are blinged out! Each rose is separately wrapped and has glitter lined petals. When he gave me the flowers he told me to leave me night open.

Hot couple

Until then I thought he forgot Valentine's Day because last night when I was making dinner and asked him if he wanted to do something tomorrow he said, "Um, sure." Not the most reassuring words from your boyfriend. Well he fooled me. At six o'clock he showed up at my door with a steak dinner! That would have been enough but he surprised me with a steak dinner. Yummy!
Such a great dinner...with a good dessert too. Chocolate!

Dinner was great and we spent the whole time laughing and had great conversation. I love how we get along so well and nothing is ever stressful. After dinner we somehow got on my computer. Get this...Jess had never used Photo Booth!!! He has had Macs for years and never once had used it. We had so much fun taking pictures, seriously laughing until it hurt. Hence all the lovely photos of us :) After we finished we went to his place and watched a movie. Overall...a great day!

Thought I would leave a good one...this is in Thailand 2009, before when we were just friends

I'm so thankful for Jess and the role he plays in my life. He is an encourages me in everything whether it is work, my relationship with Christ, my health, or anything else. He challenges me to be a better me. I appreciate that so much in him. He also can make me laugh and is supportive when I am upset. I am truly blessed to have such an great man in my life. I don't think he reads my blog, but if you are reading...thanks babe! Love you! Also to all my friends and family...I love you! I know I'm far away, but it doesn't take away from how much I care about y'all! xoxo

No comments: