Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life is Precious

Today at church a man from another school in the area, Maple Leaf, asked for prayers for a family who just lost their son. We all quickly realized their son was Josh, the young man working at our favorite deli. Josh was 21 years old and went hiking with his cousin in Southern China. He was so excited for the trip, told us all about it a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't know Josh enough. We joked when I would go into the deli and we all loved him because he was always friendly and so happy. I can hardly imagine how his parents are feeling. It just reminded me how life is so precious. We never know what will come today. So please count your blessings and tell those you love that you love them. His death has been on my heart all day and I have been praying for his family. They need Jesus to get through this and I pray that somehow through this awful situation God is glorified.

Sorry this isn't the most lighthearted post, but sometimes that's life. So next time you feel like staying in bed or complaining about some minuscule thing remember to be thankful for your life and getting to be here on this amazing planet. Your life here is short, make the most of it.

AppreciateYourLife.jpg

No comments: