Thursday, May 25, 2017

SLOW DOWN TIME

I know every parent says this, but it is oh so true.  I feel like time is going by so fast and I am trying to reign it in unsuccessfully.  Tae and Elea are both growing and learning so much so quickly that if I blink I miss it. Tae is talking so much more, getting more coordinated in his movements, and picking up patterns, similarities, and differences.





The other day we bought him a new ba (paci--yes I know parents of the year for having a 2 year old still with a paci) that had a shark on it.  He looked at it and said, "shark" then went over to his fish puzzle and picked out the shark piece and said, "same."  Mind blown.  It's funny how when you become a parent when your child does something so simple it can feel like he is Einstein. Tae's dance moves are getting smoother and he is actually following along.  There is one move he can't quite do without falling, so he problem solved and uses the table or a chair to help him.  Again--proud mama over here.


Tae is obsessed with hats, another thing he picked up from Just Dance. He noticed the "meninha" in the dance had a hat on so now anytime he dances he insists on having a hat on.




Elea is a strong little thing and I feel like she is determined to stand up before she learns to sit up.  She is great at tummy time, and unlike her brother she loves it.  She is alert and always checking out the scene, or maybe she is just alert to fend off Tae's enthusiastic kisses and hugs.




We started sleep training her this week and so far she is adjusting well. I swear by Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit and recommend it to any parents, even if it looks like your baby is landing on the moon. Elea has also become a little drooler, she constantly has drool coming out of her mouth. I'm wondering if her teeth are coming in soon.




As for Jess and I we are just chugging along trying to soak it all in.  Jess continues to be busy with his business, working hard to get some sales. He has put his book on the back burner for now, but plans to release it around Christmas. I am just getting everything ready (read: getting rid of/donating ridiculous amounts of stuff that we have) for our big move. Thankfully I don't have work and am able to get lots of things on our checklist done.








No comments: