Monday, November 9, 2015

Thankful

Although I have already decorated for Christmas, I also love November because the time to reflect upon what I am thankful for. Here are a few of my favorite things...

Jesus Christ- I am and forever will be thankful for His grace and humility to die on a cross for my sins.  I am thankful that He is with me through all the moments of my life. I am especially thankful for the peace and joy He has given me as a mother. I struggled the first couple months of Tae's life with anxiousness, but when I finally put all my trust as a mom into Jesus' hands I have at peace about being Tae's mom.

Jess: I know I say it over and over again, but I am so grateful to be doing life with this man.  Every day he astonishes me with his positive attitude, love of learning and challenges, and support. He loves his family (us and the one back in the States) so much and is always so thoughtful in ways to show it. For my birthday he organized an epic Google hangout with my family. It was so fun, albeit a little crazy, to see everyone and have them sing Happy Birthday to me. Jess is also an amazing dad to Tae. I love sneaking peaks of them playing in the other room because the look on Jess' face is priceless. Their connection is strong already and I can't wait to see it grow.

Tae-My sweet baby that we prayed for for so long. He has taught me patience, grace, love, and strength. His little laugh and the kick of his legs when he is excited about something make my day. I'm thankful for his health and his sweet personality. He always flashes smiles at people anywhere we go, I hope he continues to share his light with the world.

My Health-Recently a bunch of people around us have been dealing with some pretty serious health issues. It made me realize how thankful I am for my ability to live each day to the fullest without worrying about my health.

Family-My family is incredible, I know everyone feels that way about theirs, but mine is. It is so hard to be away from them, but I am thankful for technology to keep in touch. My parents love boldly and have been able to watch Tae grow through Facetime. I value all of their advice and support more than they will ever know.  My sisters are simply amazing. They have been so supportive with any questions I have about motherhood or just lend an ear to listen when I need to vent/cry about lack of sleep or a fussy baby. I admire them all as women of God and loving mothers.

Keila- Tae loves her so much and that eases my mama heart.  She takes such good care of him while we are at work.  They go on walks, play, and dance each day. Of course I would love to be home with him, but knowing he is in such loving hands makes me feel better about working.  I also am thankful for Keila's friendship. She is a Christian and our conversations often turn to God and sharing a bit with her makes me feel more connected.

Old Friends-Living international it is great to meet tons of new people and form strong friendships. That being said, there is something about people that have known you from the beginning.  Each month my childhood girlfriends and I share 10 things happening in our lives.  Each time I pretty much roll on the ground laughing from their stories.  I love that we are still close even though miles separate us.

Brazil Friends-I am so thankful for a handful of people here that make it feel like home.  The people we can count on to cheer us up, enjoy a meal with, lounge by the pool by, laugh at the idiosyncrasies of Brazil, and just do life together. This year has been a year of transition (new kid, jobs, etc) but we have some incredible people here.


No comments: