Tuesday, December 9, 2014

23 and 24 Bump Update


How far along: 24 Weeks (and 6 days) 

Baby Size: An ear of corn...Go Huskers! 

Weight gain: I think around 4 pounds. I am starting to feel a lot bigger. 

Maternity clothes: I can still fit into some regular shirts and pants (barely).  I am now starting the rotation of my 5-6 maternity outfits.

Stretch marks: In addition to my previous ones? Nope. :) 
 
Sleep: Recently I have been waking up to Tae's kicks.  They don't hurt, just wake me up.  Also, Jess says I am snoring more?
 
Gender: Tae Tazwell 

Movement: Lots, still little movements, but he is an active little guy.  Last week Jess and I had a spontaneous date to see Mockingjay and grab some dinner.  The whole movie he was kicking around in my belly.  Jess felt him for the first time.  Jess' face was so cute, he was in shock and awe.  

Best moment this week: Jess feeling Tae kick for the first time, visiting our friends in Brasilia and laughing until I cried, and ordering our Christmas cards. I don't know why, but creating them makes me so thankful and happy looking at all the memories we made this year. 

Looking forward to: Christmas break!  Five and a half days of school left. This week we are both slammed with activities, meetings, etc, so it will be nice to unwind in Rio for 3 weeks! 

Food cravings: Salty more than sweet.  I know call me crazy, I am no longer a Scott. 
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: No. 
 
Labor Signs: Nope
 
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.
 
Symptoms: Nothing really. 
 
Nursery: We found out last week we will be moving (hopefully before the little bambino arrives). I don't think I will start until we move in. 
 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On and off.  I can keep them on, but they aren't comfortable. 

Mood: A mix of emotions.  Mainly excited and impatient.  I want this little guy to get here soon, but know he still needs to grow strong. I am also starting to try and savor all the moments Jess and I have just us. 


Prayer for Baby K: 
 
Dear Lord, Thank you for the gift of life. I cannot help but be in awe of the miracle you are growing inside me. I pray that you continue to calm my nerves and thoughts.  I put Tae in your hands and cannot wait to see what you have in store for him.  This week he is beginning to breathe, I pray with every breath he takes he praises you and your creation.  

Thank you for Jess and what an amazing man he is. I thank you for the time it takes for baby Tae to grow strong, which gives us time to plan and treasure as a couple. I am falling more and more in love with Jess each day as I watch him become a daddy. We feel so thankful for a smooth pregnancy thus far. Also, thank you for all the people that already love him so much. 
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
Pslam 150:6 

Grammy and Poppy took a trip all the way to Brazil

Grow baby Grow! 

This past weekend we took a trip to Perinopolis (outside of Brasilia) and hiked some trails to see some waterfalls. 





No comments: