Wednesday, December 24, 2014

#100HappyDays: Days 5, 6, 7

December 23, 2014 

#1: Walking around the botanical gardens with a cool breeze with no sun.



#2: Stumbling upon a great new Mexican spot, La Calaca in Leblon. Everything was fabulous, from the chips to the churros.



#3: Napping til our hearts desire (3 hours!)

#4: Air conditioners and ice packs that keep me relatively cool.



#5: Getting a text from both of my best friends back in the States  (thanks Amanda and Katie!)

#6: When these cuties show up on my phone

 

#7: Having time to read a book for pleasure. I can't put this one down, A Voice in the Wind.

#8: Jess and my conversation before bed last night. We laughed, cried (well I did), talked about our hopes and dreams, and just enjoyed each other.

December 22, 2014 

#1: Spending the day on the beach with Jess, my book, and kiwi-pineapple juice (first time trying it and it was almost as good as a Caipi)




#2: Eating acai twice on the beach, I swear it tastes better from the guys in the sungas.


#3: Being so close to Ipanema beach, literally we walk two blocks and are at the beach. 



#4: Some people sat next to us on the beach and started playing Brazilian music.  Everyone around us started dancing and singing along.  

#5: Jess has 10 recipes left for his 52 in 52 cooking challenge so we enjoyed Steak Au Poivre, rosemary potatoes, and garlic & parmesan broccoli.

December 21, 2014 

#1: Our first full day on the beach.  



#2: Skyping with my parents, Katie, and Larry. Little Trey is doing well, but needs to learn how to give mama some sleep!  

#3: Great dinner with new friends 

#4: I ordered a brownie with ice cream for dessert and it was amazing.





No comments: