Friday, October 12, 2012

Weekend Thing

It's become a weekend thing to go the market and I wouldn't have it any other way. We missed it last weekend and I was sad. I love the 5 block trip on Saturday morning.  The people.  The colors.  The fresh fruit and veggies.  The pastels...oh my goodness the pastels. 
Fresh produce
Now that we are there every Saturday all the vendors know Jess us. He is such a social person, everyone loves him and he already speaks Portuguese fluently. Jerk I'm so proud! 

Julio and Claudio are the outside guys that we buy our meat and eggs from and the middle group of guys saw I had my camera and wanted their picture taken
Apparently we are some of the few that go to the market to actually buy produce and meat.  Most people just go for heaven in your mouth aka pastels.  They are fried fresh and you get a little coke bottle with one.  I look forward to Saturday mornings for these babies...and my alarm not going off.
Waiting in line for pastels
 One treat the Scott girls would love doce de...insert flavor.  It's like pure sugar and I'm pretty sure it gives you diabetes with one bite.  But oh so good.
Flowers, jars of doce de sugar, and lost of lentils.

No comments: