Sunday, April 25, 2010

Earth Day


I'm going to be honest with you, I don't think I have ever celebrated Earth Day before. Maybe when I was little we planted a tree or colored some pictures (just adding to the amount of trash) but I honestly can't remember. After Thursday I am asking myself why? Thursday was a really cool day. All week my class had been having discussion about our Earth and how to take care of it. On Thursday we watched a pretty enlightening video about how we are completely using our planet to its limits. Unless we start to change we won't have God's creation much longer. We watched a video about how much stuff we use and what happens to it. While I don't agree with all the political stuff she says, the facts are pretty scary and it really made me think.



Thursday afternoon our whole school participated in a clean up. Students walked around the school and picked up litter. We compiled it together and at the end they saw the difference they made. It was powerful. The students were proud of themselves and have promised to live a green life.


The pile of garbage we picked up in an hour

What are you doing to make our world better? It's as easy as taking shorter showers? Reusing plastic bags. Buying a water bottle instead of using plastic throw away bottles. Being aware of how much stuff we buy. We only have one world, don't trash it.


No comments: