Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weekend Happenings

Well my camera broke, I have had it for about 4 years so I guess it's about time. There won't be many picture updates unless I steal my friends' pictures :) This past weekend was fun, it started out with normal Friday night bowling league. We went to dinner before and at the restaurant they let you roll your own kimbap (Korean sushi). It was a lot of fun, but not the easiest thing to do. After bowling I passed on going out with my friends and came home to relax. It was so nice to chill out and relax, I get so tired throughout the week with teaching, meetings, tutoring, basketball, and Bible study.

Saturday morning I got up really early and caught the chingway into Dalian. I wanted to have some clothes made and not be rushed so I ventured in by myself. I was over punctual and got there before Archi opened up, so I got myself a warm soy milk and some fried dough on the street and hung out with the locals. Some man was feeding a cat fried fish and everyone else was busy getting ready for the day. It was great to relax and "shop", I got lots of stuff made for almost nothing. I will update with pictures (borrowing someone's camera of course) once I pick them up in two weeks. I met up with the bus in Dalian and took it back to Kai Fi Qu and had lunch with Brandon, Jess, and Jennelle. There is this awesome Japanese restaurant that I always go to. They have really good rice bowls and dumplings.

After lunch we left and I got home and took a nice nap before the evening's festivities. We all went to a Focus Dalian black tie event. I was worrying because I didn't bring any dress up clothes so I had to borrow a shirt from Trina. Well I got there and there were people in jeans. China is funny like that, the dress code is always so diverse. We had a great time complete with a Cats performance by a Chinese dance group, Russian belly dancers, great food and drinks, and dancing. It was a nice change of pace from the norm. I met some fun expatriates that love living in Dalian.

Sunday I volunteered to bring food for church and teach the kiddos. What was I thinking?! Lol...it would have been fine, but I forgot I'm in China and it's not easy to just find ingredients for baking. I ended up just making boxed muffins and bread, nothing special but it was fine. The kids are great at church, we did a lesson on having a teachable heart. Funny how God finds what I am working on and applies it everywhere in my life!!!

That's my weekend play by play, hopefully I will steal some pics and update this post with them. Only about a month until I am home with all of my family and friends. Can't wait!

Zaijian!

No comments: