Sunday, July 19, 2015

4 Months

Four Months 
July 19, 2015


Height: 25 inches 

Weight: 15.5pounds (at 3.5 months) 

Kara and Mark's wedding 

Likes: 
  • His jumper! He gets a wide open mouthed smile when he jumps in that thing. 
  • Stomping when you hold him so he is standing up. 
  • "Baby sit ups" 
  • His paci--he likes it more than he did. He doesn't use it all the time, but he enjoys it.
  • Peekaboo 
  • Sucking on his hands, thumb, anyone's fingers, my nose, etc. 
  • Going up and down with sound effects
  • Drooling 
  • His Bumbo seat 

Hanging with daddy 


Such a happy guy 


T and T on the 4th of July 



Dislikes:
  • Heat! When our little guy is hot he is fussy, I don't blame him! It will be interesting to see how he reacts in Brazil.
  • Tummy time. This is why I think he doesn't roll over, he knows he hates to be on his tummy. 

Visiting the Bean

Learning to sit up 

Milestones:
  • So so close to rolling over.  Maybe it's the mama in me, but I think he can do it and he just doesn't want to because he hates being on his tummy. 
  • Almost sitting up on his own.  He can last for about 5 seconds if I position him correctly. 
  • Better motor skills, able to take out his paci and put it back in sometimes (read about 10% of the time). 
  • Found his thumb. 
  • Can do a "baby sit up" with me (lay down on floor, pull up to sitting, and then stands up) 
  • Got legit sick for the first time.  Broke this mama's heart.  I passed a cold/cough to him while we were in Colorado.  It made me so sad hearing him cough and try to breath.
  • Not really a milestone, but we think he is going to be a leftie.  He only hits his hanging toys with his left hand.
  • Tae has an ever growing bald spot on the back of his head.  
  • May be starting teething...he is constantly drooling and putting stuff in his mouth. 
  • Sits in the Ergo facing out--we enjoyed a great time in the Garden of the Gods.

Cuddling in the morning
Sleep
  • Takes more consistent naps on a schedule.  He normally goes down about an hour and a half after getting up.
  • He goes down around 9 and then gets up at 7ish, with one feed around 3 AM.  I think he could make it without that feeding, but I don't mind and it is keeping my milk supply up. 
  • Still sleeps in his magic suit and is using his paci more and more. 
  • Able to sooth himself most of the time, but not all the time.  When he works himself up there he gets really angry and it takes awhile to come him down. 
Our balding Brazilian 


Love love love



Favorite Moments: 
  • Reuniting with daddy! It was a long month and a half without him.  All the time we had together was cherished. 
  • Meeting Jess' family in Colorado.  They loved him so much.  Little Grace was so cute and would follow him around, "Baby Tae". It was awesome to see Grandma Tutu with him, she loved him so much.  He would do this thing and kinda lean into her for a hug.  Cutest thing ever. 
  • Hanging out with Trey and Katie. I can't wait to see them grow up together. 
  • Touring around Chicago as a little family.  I pictured us traveling and exploring new places in the future. 
  • Not favorite, but memorable, Jess experienced his first poop explosion. 
  • His smiles are always my favorite. The way he smiles and giggles when you play with him literally melts my heart into mush. 

Hanging out in the jumper 
Being sick is no fun

Grandma Tutu and Tae 


Pics to Remember: 





Mommy's Thoughts: 

I spent a lot of today thinking back on these past four months, and my heart could not be more full and I am so thankful for how far we have come.  The first 6-7 weeks were so hard, I didn't know if we would make it, but now they seem so far away.  We have learned so much about being parents and I have daily had to be in communication with God just to get by.  I can't say it enough, but having Tae has brought me so much closer to our Lord and Savior. It puts Jesus' sacrifice on the cross on a whole new level, knowing God gave up his son for us.  I also understand a little more about God's love for us, his children.  I can be so frustrated with Tae, but nothing will ever make me not love him and my love is renewed every morning. I'm sure this is just a fraction of God's love for us. 

Tae--thank you for the joy you bring to our lives. Your little smiles and giggles are always so perfectly timed. You are learning so much and each day you seem to have a new trick. I love watching you develop and figure things out.  Right now your personality is very calm and super happy. You and I have had some major bonding time while your daddy works hard to complete his Masters in Madrid. We love you so much and can't wait to be back together as a family. 






















No comments: