Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stateside Recap: Family Fun at the Lake

We've been back in Brazil for almost a week now and I am finally over being sad about leaving my home, family, and friends.  It always happens, even though we live in an amazing place and the weather is perfect, it's still hard to leave loved ones.  There's something about being home for Christmas that is good for the soul.  I enjoyed every second of this trip and tried to be purposeful about how I spent my time.  It was great to laugh with most of my family, compete against each other (more on that next post), eat, talk, remember old times, eat,  and celebrate our Savior's birth at home. 
Without further ado...pictures galore (I know you couldn't hold your breath any longer...ha).

Matthew takes after his aunts and makes the infamous "poo poo face"

Whit Whit loves my dad so much, it's more cuteness than I can handle

Me and my love hanging out

Reading to the kiddos

That's better Matthew

Jumping on Grammy's lap is always fun.  (Sidenote: How come none of us got mores gorgeous baby blues?)

Whit and Aunt Dede

It's so tempting...

Amy, me, and Whitters

My wonderful parents

Hugs for brother

CHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEESSSSEEEEE!

Reading the story of Jesus' birth with Poppy

I'm just checking on my babies, don't mind my cuteness

Give me...NO! Strong wills are the best kind!

Picture time...

But there's more behind the tree!
Silliness runs in our family

Vegging out

Obligatory picture in front of the tree

I think I surprised him with some Sur la Table

I made a wedding book for both sets of parents...I think they liked it :)
It was a blessing to get to come home for Christmas.  The whole reason we flew home in the first place was my best friend from FU got married and I couldn't miss being a part of her wedding day.  More on that next post.

No comments: