Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November Goals Update and Christmas Cards

Okay I legitimately feel like a real adult now.  Why?  
Married....nope.  
Living in a foreign country...nope.  
Ordered my first set of Christmas cards...YES SIR!  

I love them.  Now if they would just address themselves. :)  


November Goals Update...

1. 2. Order Christmas/Thank You Cards.   Check...see above.

2. 1. Take photo for Christmas/Thank You Cards. Check...of course I decided to use our wedding pictures, once in a lifetime right?

3. Make mom and dad's and Jess's parents Christmas presents.  Let's just say they will be wedding related...it's not every year we can use this to our advantage!  Check

4. Do some DIY projects around the house...I've been collecting bottles since we got here.  I think any of these via Pinterest would be appropriate and doable.  Check



5. Pray for Jess each day.  Half-Check...I did, but didn't complete the book, The Power of a Praying Wife. Next month I want to finish it!

6. Exercise at least 4 times a week.  Nope...started, but not 4 times.

7. Plan a critical literacy/digital literacy unit for my students.  Might as well put these Master courses to work.    Check, they are loving it!

8. Do one random act of kindness a day and keep track of them.  Nope :(



9. Take more walks, with Jess.  Nope, but we spent a lot of good QT together.

10.  Drink more water and less Caipirinhas Check

11. Study Portuguese more and practice daily with students/locals.  Fail.

12. Take more pictures. Check.

13. Start Jess's Christmas present.  We are making each other something this year. Check and I ordered his too.  He's going to love it! 

14. Be a better Betty Homemaker...man I didn't realize how hard this would be.  Check...at least in my book I was.

15. Start a Bible study. Nope. I bought a new one to do and met a girl from America at a Thanksgiving dinner that I think will be a great connection. 

16. Wash my face every night...hey I'm just keeping it real. I think I only missed one or two. 

I feel like I was pretty successful with my goals.  Thanks Shalynn for the great idea.  Next up...December goals.

No comments: