Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beijing with Beth

The first weekend in August I met up with my lovely cousin, Beth.  She's been living in Japan for two years and was on her way back to the States. It was so fun to see her and catch up.  We spent hours laughing and comparing stories of living overseas.  It was such a treat to have someone I love so much visit.  Here are some pictures from our fabulous weekend:

 Playing around at the Temple of Heaven

 Temple of Heaven
 The Chinese believe this tree radiates good energy
 My favorite thing to do is people watch at the Temple of Heaven early in the morning.  This man was getting his groove on.
 Writing poems on the walkways.
 Wish I could read it...
 Tuk-tuk ride to the hutong hostel
 Beth was so excited for some Grandma's Kitchen (Western food!!!)
 Some men playing mah-jong at a local park we passed by.
 This man was adorable...he did this all through the Olympics and he asked people to mail him the pictures they took. He had a whole book of all the people he met. 
Me and Whamo!

I leave you with Chinese air conditioning.

No comments: