Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sunset Heaven


Spring Break was amazing.  I'm so thankful to have a job that allows me to have breaks and access to paradise.  Jess, Brandon, Stephanie, Michelle, Veronica, Jennelle, and me all headed to Boracay, Philippines. It was beautiful, relaxing, indulgent, and amazing.  We couldn't have asked for better weather. We had sunshine every day we were there and the sunsets were incredible. I was in awe at God's beauty throughout the whole trip.  I kept thinking how blessed I am to get to experience such a breathtaking place.  






  
Other than watching sunsets we basically relaxed.  I read two books, Oracle Bones by Peter Hessler and Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.  Both books were very interesting and made me reflect about a lot of things.  We also ate tons of yummy food!

Some highlights of the trip:


The beautiful view from our hotel.  


All the filipinos were making these sand balls...I wanted to make one the whole time. Also, how cute is this little guy?  


Tons of beautiful flowers...


Chilling out beachside with friends...


Fruity Drinks 


Snorkeling...Jess and I got about 15 meters away from dolphins.

We went rock jumping for a day...I'm not gonna lie I was scurred :)

 Met some new friends...

The food was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.


The view from our pool...


Spending time with my love...

Of course the whole week wasn't always paradise...watch out for mosquitos!

No comments: