Monday, January 11, 2010

Jetlag...

stinks. I have been up since 3 AM and it's pointless to go back to sleep now when I have to "get up" in thirty minutes. My first day back at school was great. I have a new student from America, she seems like a sweetheart. My students were all so excited to share about their breaks with everyone. It's funny because almost all of them traveled somewhere...some to the States, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Southeast Asia, and even Austria. I wonder if they know how fortunate they are to do these things. I am sure they don't know any different, just like I didn't know any different when I got to do things most kids didn't when growing up. That's the beauty of age, you get to reflect and put value to things done.

You would think I would be productive and put away all the ridiculous amount of stuff I brought back from the states, but no I have been reading, blogging, and spending time talking with God. I want to live my life for Him, He has me here for a reason...I just don't know what that reason is. I get so frustrated with myself because I want to glorify Him in all I do, but fail miserably. I am going to try and volunteer with people in need in this community. I have talked to a woman that organizes charity and she gave me a name of a boy that would love visitors, I just need to set aside the time to do it.

At book club tonight I talked with Courtney (a parent)about running the Great Wall Half-Marathon. I am so going to do it. She is an avid runner and said she would help us train. I think it is going to be a big group of us that do it, I can't wait.

2 comments:

60 toes said...

You go girl, you should do the half. That would be awesome.

God will reveal why he has you there in His time. I am still wondering why God moved us back to MD. I was really hoping for Hawaii, California, something different. I am still not sure of the reasons, there are not good churches here and we are struggling in that area BIG TIME. We had an awesome church in OK that we all miss so much. The kids have some great friends here and we love our neighborhood. I am trying to keep my focus on things eternal and trust in His plan, I do get sidetracked WAY TOO OFTEN.

Miss you and love you.
Charlotte

Kris said...

Meggo, B/c I'm your mom, I was so encouraged and excited reading your blog. Knowing that you are continuing to seek the Lord's will and purpose for your life is awesome. That's my prayer also and I'm 62! Daily as you seek Him in His Word He will reveal Himself and make your heart tender to the things ahead of you each day. Just pray to remain sensitive to Him and pure so He can use you to His plan, purpose and in His power. You are so amazing with children and are right on target as you challenge them to soar to greater things. Love to you, Desperately, Mom