Wednesday, June 3, 2009

2 Months from Today

Two months from today I will be boarding a plane to fly across the globe and start my life in Dalian, China. I have so many emotions running through my head and I know they are all just going to get stronger as my time to leave gets closer. I am nervous to be away from friends and family, happy to have this opportunity, scared that I will not do well or adjust well, excited to live in another country and work at a great school.

This blog will be a way for me to get my thoughts and experiences down. I want my friends and family to see what I am doing and join me in this experience. I am sure I will be busy and not sure how much I will get to write, but I am hoping to update it regularly. Here is a picture of my roommate from the conference, Elizabeth, and me hours after signing our contracts to work in China. We celebrated by having lunch in Philadelphia's Chinatown.

No comments: