Sunday, March 12, 2017

ELEA HOLBROOK: 1 MONTH

1 MONTH  
March 12, 2017 


Height: 57 centimeters (22.5 inches) 
Weight:  9.2 kilos (10 pounds 14 ounces)


Likes: 
  • Sleeping on anyone 
  • Baths 
  • Nursing 
  • Laying/kicking on the activity mat 
  • Grunting when she sleeps at night (we call her our little gremlin) 
  • Movement of any kind--just like Tae  
  • Naps 

Dislikes: 
  • Getting toys dropped on her by her big brother (oops!)
  • Pacifiers (just give her the boob!) 
  • Having shirts/dresses over her head 

The Jury's Out:
  • MamaRoo 
  • Swaddling 

Sleep
  • Sleeps like a rockstar, especially in the day 
  • Loves to be held while she sleeps 
  • Falls asleep when I wear her 
  • Loves to grunt and make as much noise as possible when sleeping at night 
  • Pretty much sleeps through the night (9ish-9ish), only to wake up for feedings 




Eating: 
  • Nurses on demand--eats like a champ (every 1.5 hours in the day)  
  • Gets the milk coma after nursing 


Favorite Moments: 
  • Watching Tae "play" with her. Basically this includes him showing her all the toys, poking her (or "touch" as he calls it), and giving her open mouth kisses on her head 
  • When she sleeps on my chest or in my arms--I find myself watching her sleep and I just smile 
  • Our family of four, just hanging out and being together
  • Grammy and Poppy coming to visit, even with the sicknesses and feeling crappy it was great to have them here 
  • Dressing her up and picking out bows. I didn't think I would love being a girl mom, boy was I wrong. 


Firsts: 
  • Smile--so brief mama barely caught it 
  • Rolled to her side, probably on accident but we're counting it 
  • Vaccine (TB)--she was so brave and cried less than mama 
  • Trip to the mall, play center, walks at the bosque, out of town visitors (Grammy and Poppy), party (Tae's 2nd birthday churrasco) 
  • Can hold her head up pretty well...likes to look around when being held upright 


Mommy Thoughts: 
I am much calmer and roll with the punches better as compared to Tae. She is a pretty chill baby, making the transition relatively smooth.  Tae loves her so much, he is constantly on the look out for Elea and shows her to anyone that will listen to him.  Seeing them together makes me so happy, and I envision their friendship and bond growing even deeper in the years to come.  She hasn't shown much of her personality yet, but I can't wait to watch it develop.  She has the craziest (and softest!) hair that makes me laugh every day. She definitely looks like Jess, everyone comments how she is a spitting image of him. 

This time around I am trying to soak up every moment.  With Tae I didn't realize how fast everything went and found myself wishing away stages that were challenging.  Now I know, as cliche as it is, that time is fleeting and I won't get back the snuggles, late nights, and her dependence solely on me so I am trying to focus my energy on that.    




No comments: