Sunday, June 21, 2015

Dear Jess,

Dear Papa,


I didn't think I could love you more than I did, but as soon as our little guy came into the world that's exactly what happened--I fell more in love with you.  I have love watching you morph into this amazing dad. Watching you with our son makes my heart smile and I am beyond happy. The way you "shot gun" him, talk and look at him, and take him in your arms make me smile. He already loves you so much and I can imagine he will fall more in love with you just like I have.





We used to talk about what we would be like as parents. You had never been around babies much, but  watching you interact with Taz no one would ever know that. You became a dad the moment you held him in the hospital and I feel so blessed to get to watch you grow as a dad.  You take time to learn all about the new aspects/skills of being a dad (changing a diaper, giving a bath, feeding a bottle).





You have a calmness about you as a father that makes me a better mom. You took care of both of us the first month of his life and I couldn't be more thankful. You took time to listen to me, encourage me, and love on me during those hard times. You took countless trips to the store, different restaurants, and market so I could stay home and rest/take care of Taz. You got up for feedings in the middle of the night to make sure I was comfortable. You became a pro at changing diapers and always offer to help whenever you can. My favorite parts of the day were when you were by my side.





You do so much for our little family and are such a hard worker.  I know the time away from us has been hard, but not a day went by that we didn't think of you and talk about you. Taz knows you were working hard for our family and we appreciate it. We are so happy to be back as a family and celebrate your first Father's Day!



We love you desperately!  OJ!

Meggo and Taz

No comments: