Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bump Post: Weeks 28-30

Only 10 more weeks left!  This pregnancy has flown by, except I have a feeling it will be like a long flight, the first 9 hours fly by and the remaining 3-4 hours take forever.  Doesn't matter to me, I'll wait as long as it takes for Tae Tazwell to be healthy and ready to come into the world.



How far along: 30 weeks 

Baby Size: A cucumber or a butternut squash

Weight gain: Not sure on this one, I go to the doctor on Friday. I'm thinking 8-10 pounds. 

Maternity clothes: Leaning more toward maternity, but can still squeeze into some flowy/stretchy dresses and shirts.

Stretch marks: None on my stomach and no additional on my legs.  Thanks childhood growth spurt for preparing me.
 
Sleep: For the past couple weeks my right hip has been bothering me during the night.  Last night I researched it and found out it is normal.  Also, since Tae spends most of his time on my right side this is another factor that is causing the pain.  Needless to say, sleep is getting harder, but I'm an aggressive sleeper and won't give up! 
 
Gender: A little boy--Tae Tazwell 

Movement: Lots and lots.  The past three weeks I find myself with my hand on my belly to feel all his acrobatics.  He has planted himself on my right side, but every so ofter he makes a move to the left.  The other day I literally felt his hand (or foot?) swipe across my belly.  It is such a surreal feeling and has helped me build a connection to him.  Jess has felt and seen lots of the movements too!  

Best moment this week: As far as my body, a massage from Diomar. Honestly, just feeling him move has been great.  

Looking forward to: Moving into our new place.  We should be able to start moving stuff over next week and then move in the week after.  Then I can actually start getting all the stuff set up.

Food cravings: I didn't think of it until now, but normally I hate water with gas, but now I drink it all the time.  Also, I can't get enough fresh, natural juice. 
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
 
Labor Signs: Nope
 
What I miss: Running. I know that sounds crazy, but when you aren't allowed to do it it makes you want to do it more. 
 
Symptoms: Sore hips and peeing all the time.
 
Nursery: I've been doing some watercolors for it and I think I have the wall figured out, but we will see. 
 
Belly Button in or out? Moving out. 

Wedding rings on or off? I've just been wearing my wedding band, the engagement ring still fits, but not as comfortably. 

Mood: Great!  This vacation has been great.  I am getting a little anxious about the actual birth, but am trying to calm my fears with lots of prayer and affirmations that women have been doing this for thousands of years.  I am also getting more excited to meet this little guy.  

Prayer for Tae Tazwell: 
 
Dear Lord, 
       As Tae is gaining weight please let the food I eat nourish him and his growing needs. This week his brain is developing and I pray that you piece it together and fill his mind with wonder, curiosity, and questions. I pray that as he grows he seeks to fill his mind with your wisdom and has a thirst for knowledge.  
      Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow him in my womb.  These past couple weeks have been amazing as I am starting to form a connection to him.  I was worried that I didn't have the motherly instinct, but you are beginning to open my heart, mind, and soul to this little boy inside me.  I pray that Tae's wonder, curiosity will spur me into looking at the world more deeply, so we can learn together.
     I also thank you for Jess and the amazing man, husband, and father he is.  He is making every effort to comfort me, both physically and emotionally, and I thank you for that.  I pray that he feels confident in his role as daddy and please calm his (and my) fears about parenthood.  Let us rely fully on you!  
Thank you Jesus!  Amen 

No comments: