Thursday, September 3, 2009

What I learned this week

Some things I learned this week...

1. Don't write Koreans' names in red. To them it is bad luck because when they have their funerals the name of the person that died is written in red.

2. Don't assume what you are eating is chicken meat. It could be chicken stomach, I'm just saying.

3. Giving your phone number in Chinese is a long and tedious process, they are 11 numbers...and in Mandarin it takes longer.

4. Koreans do not like to be labeled as English Language Learners. If their child is in the ELL program they might not get invited to parties or coffee outings.

5. The Chinese don't really say "how are you?". They only use it when they haven't seen people in a LONG time.

I'm sure I could keep going on and on...I'll keep this short and sweet today!

Zai Jian (bye)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Very interesting. Now, are you saying you ate chicken stomach? :)