Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Laughter is the Best Medicine

With my maternity leave coming to an end and being back in Brazil away from family my mind often wanders and I find myself having a pity party.  It doesn't take much from Tae to make my heart smile again. He snaps me out of my rabbit hole of darkness and I remind myself of all the blessings God has given us--a healthy growing boy, 5 months at home with him, spending tons of quality time with family during my maternity leave, being back together as a family, a great nanny that will love and care for him while we work, jobs to provide for our family, beautiful winter weather, and the list goes on.

When so much of my world feels in limbo (starting a new job, getting reaquainted as a family, an ever changing baby, resettling into Brazil, etc) it is nice to be in the moment with Tae. It helps that it's pretty easy to get him laughing...




No comments: