Tuesday, June 1, 2021

MAY REFLECTION

 My Favorite Photo(s) from May: 

I can't choose just one.  May was one for the books, as Tae likes to say now. 

Date nights
Connecting over goblets 


Getting beat by our 6 year old 

Finding new flowers 

Rock climbing with a view 

Charming Chiado

One of our favorite restaurants 

Coffee with papai

Growing independence...even for picture day 

Finding a new coffee joint 

Dating my sexy best friend 

Stumbling upon beautiful architecture (and that cute belly!)

Admiring their friendship

Sick cuddles and not being to old to fall asleep on (working) mommy

Her letting me get her hair out of her face (and keeping it!) 

The joy of water games at field day 

Close friends and bathing suits 

All that confidence 

May they always be proud of their accomplishments 

A budding runner. 
Beauty in the mundane.

Name a thoughtful moment from May: 

I've come to cherish my morning routine. Stretch, coffee, getting in the Word and connecting with the Creator, and not checking my email or social media.  Some things God's been revealing and teaching me: 

  • My competency is found in Christ, not myself. 
  • Vulnerability with those closest to me is scary, but worth it 
  • I need Jesus to renew my spirit each day. 
  • God's story of redemption and endless pursuit of us is unfathomable, it has been so neat to see all the connection and ties between the old and new testament. 

What's something I'm looking forward to in June: 

Ending our time in Portugal on a high note.  We have a fun weekend away planned for the first long weekend and then we are just getting things ready for our next adventure. I want to be intentional with my time and take all the beauty of Portugal, conversations with my colleagues, amazing culture, and delicious food in. 

No comments: