Wednesday, September 21, 2016

OUR LITTLE ARTIST


Each week I try to have Tae finger paint a few times. Honestly he is more interested in stacking the paint jars or playing with the brushes.  When Jess got home from his massage I called him over to watch.  I painted Tae's palm with paint and he put it up against Jess' and he smiled. It was the cutest thing, but I didn't think much of it.  

The next day I was included in an email that was addressed to Tae from Jess.  It was the sweetest thing and brought a tear to my ear.  Here is what it said, 

"You wonderful mom was helping you paint and I was able to come in the tail end and see you in awe of the paint. You were goal was to paint a piece of paper, but more of it was getting on your body.

Mom showed you how to paint my hand and then I reached out to touch your hand and there was a moment where time slowed down and my eyes saw right through to your amazing and beautiful soul! We connected in that brief moment and it brought a tear to my eye, knowing you are a part of me and I am a part of you forever. 

Life is the accumulation of these small moments, and we must learn to slow down and be aware and present to such things. It does not matter their duration or size, as every moment is filled with amazing things."  

I love that man and am so thankful God gave me him.  He is such perfect blend of strength and sensitivity.  

No comments: