Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bump Update--Week 19

I wanted to keep track of my pregnancy, because knowing how my brain is functioning (or not) already I figured I would keep a record of this journey for our little boy. I feel super blessed because I have felt great so far.    







 



How far along: 19 (20 tomorrow)

Baby Size: The baby is a size of a mango! (6 inches long, .5 lbs)!

Weight gain: I've actually lost weight since I became pregnant.  I think that is because over the summer when traveling in the States and Spain we ate to my heart's content. I think I am -4 pounds from my start date. 

Maternity clothes: I can still fit in most of my clothes, but not in the most flattering way.  I am wearing some maternity shirts and have tried out the pants, they are still a little too big. 

Stretch marks: Not yet.
 
Sleep: It's my favorite thing to do.
 
Gender: Boy! We haven't decided on the full name, but have narrowed it down to two. 

Movement: Haven't felt him yet.

Best moment this week: The cooler weather for sure. The past two weeks have been crazy hot, I can't help but think how much hotter it will be when I am almost about to have this baby boy!  Also, Jess started a notebook of letters to our little guy.  I read one he wrote and immediately was filled with happiness and joy.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing hubby and he is going to be an amazing dad. Finally, we started back up at pilates, I feel so much better working out.

Looking forward to: My parents visiting us in Brazil in November!  Also, I am looking forward to our 4D ultrasound on November 10th.  I felt stupid at our appointment when we found out Baby K was a boy because I couldn't see anything.  

Food cravings: Nothing really. Surprisingly I have not really wanted any sweet things. I would love a Dr. Pepper, but that isn't even an option as they don't have it in Brazil!
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of Jess' egg whites in the morning. 
 
Labor Signs: Nope
 
What I miss: For the first time I really wanted a glass of wine. We were out to eat and Jess was raving about the wine and I was a tad jealous I couldn't partake. 
 
Symptoms: Nothing really. 
 
Nursery: This hasn't even crossed my mind.  I'm thinking no since we will be leaving and moving to some other place in the world.  Does that make me a bad mom? lol.
 
Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On and only swelling is when it is hot (which is always).

Mood: Very calm and at peace. I am finally starting to start relax and understand everything is in God's hands. 

Prayer for Baby K: 
 
Dear Lord, I pray that you protect and help Baby K grow healthy and strong. Thank you for this miracle and journey so far. I pray that our little guy grows up to love you, be strong in his faith, and be a leader. I pray that Jess and I are parents who put you first and lead a life of example to our little guy. I thank you for Baby K and I can't wait for the adventures our little family will have together as we travel the world. 
 
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 
- Psalm 139:13 





No comments: