Thursday, January 12, 2012

Holiday in Thailand Part 1--Still Alive

Is it me or is returning from a holiday away so hard to come back from?  

We just spent the most amazing three weeks in Thailand.  It was divided into about three different trips.  First Jess and I went and spent time at Baan Santisuk with our friends we met last year.  (I will do a whole post on the orphanage). 

After the orphanage we headed over to Krabi to a local beach Ao Nang.  My sister, Katie, flew out to spend the time with us.  We had a blast.  We enjoyed the sun, rode elephants, ate, went snorkeling, kayaked, ate, laughed, got massages, ate, and more.  Here are a couple of the pics...I still need to get some from Katie.  

 You sneaky elephant...
 She was so thoughtful and stubborn going the way she wanted
 After riding elephants we hiked to a waterfall
 The obligatory sunset picture...love her!
 My soul-mate and me just hanging out at sunset
 God's beautiful creation
 Starfish!
Being silly...

After the beach for nine days we went to Bangkok.  Jess and I had originally planned to go to the job fair there.  Thankfully we got jobs in BRAZIL before the fair so we had time to hang out and see Bangkok with Katie. (I'll do another post of Bangkok and on our jobs! )

Sorry this was so random, but I wanted people to know I was still alive.  I guess that's a theme of my blog...yes, I'm still alive.

No comments: