Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things I Do in China...

A friend and I were talking about the little things that have changed in our life now that we are in China.

Things I do in China but didn't in the states...
1.Walk everywhere
2. Risk my life getting in a taxi (but I'm used to it now)
3. Plug my nose a lot, you wouldn't believe the smells in China
4. Walk to school, it's nice only taking 5 minutes to get to school
5. Go to students' houses for dinner
6. Carry cash and never my credit card
7. Say hi to any and everyone in Mandarin
8. Get my mail from a guard
9. Read more
10. Eat out a lot more, food is so cheap here
11. Eat a lot more fruits and vegetables
12. Squat to use the public potty, as in there is no toilet, it's just in the ground
13. Have my classroom cleaned twice a day
14. Sit inside and do work while my class is at recess
15. Get my laundry done by the maids
16. Get DVDs for 2 USD
17. Talk on skype
18. Wake up each morning hoping to have a good email from a friend of family member
19. Run the the beach each day
20. Don't pump gas, or drive a car for that matter
21. Push for a coveted spot on the ChingWay
22. Get tailored clothes made for me for about $10 an article
23. Speak a different language to people everyday
24. Get full body massages weekly for about $12
25. Have parents volunteers three days a week!
26. I use sign language and gestures to get by.


I'm sure I will think of more...until then

No comments: