Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day as a mom and what a day it was.  Not because of any extravagant events or presents, because of the realization that I am a mom to a sweet, smiling boy. Last year's Mother's Day was really hard for me and I couldn't even imagine being a mom, which made this year's that much more special.  Yesterday, each time I let me thoughts go I kept praising God and smiling because God is so sovereign and had a plan for me all along.  The joy and happiness I felt yesterday was felt even more because of the pain and hurt I felt last year.


Yesterday was very chill, we went to church and then Chipolte for lunch. Jess had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers sent to the house. I spent the day hanging out with our little man. He even managed to take a 3 hour nap on my chest (in his Ergo).  I was sad Jess couldn't be here, but we did Skype for a long time.


Being a mom is everything I imagined, and nothing I imagined all at the same time.  It's definitely the hardest thing I have ever done.  There are no breaks. My mind can't shut off and stop thinking about him.  I doubt myself often. But, there are countless smiles and coos, snuggles, laughs, and cute little looks to make up for it. Just holding him and giving him a kiss on the cheek makes it worth it. He is growing so much, and to think that I am partly responsible for that is amazing. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be his mom, and pray that I can help him have faith as he takes on this big world.


It was also very special day because I got to hang out with my mama.  She is the most amazing woman I know.  Although I have always appreciated her and all she does for our family, this year I felt it even more.  She is the best mom, friend, and support a girl could ask for.  Her servant`s heart and love for her family are an inspiration to me. As I grow older I love how our relationship is turning more into a friendship.  She is so fun to hang out with and I love every second I get to be wit her. We tried to relax by the pool, but Tae had other plans.  Even though we didn`t do anything super special it was a treat to be able to celebrate with her this year.  Thanks mom for being you! You are the glue of our family and without you we would all be lost.  Love you desperately. 








No comments: